Investigators have arrested a man on Saturday for allegedly threatening to shoot Fort Hood for the murder of the scout Vanessa Guillen
Mario Eloy Pena, 48, is accused of committing a terrorist threat on social media where he said he was “close” to becoming an active shooter at a Texas base.
Pena’s wife, who lives in California, informed the police Thursday of the threat, which was reportedly posted on Facebook.
Guillen’s remains were discovered decayed at multiple locations
Guillen was last seen alive on April 22nd around 13:00. at the headquarters of the Regimental Engineering Squadron of the 3rd Cavalry Regiment in Fort Hood, Texas. Guillen left the car keys, a room key in the barracks, an identity card and a wallet in the gun room where he worked. Her body was found late last month, disembarked and buried in several places.
The suspect is taken into custody
The main suspect of her death, army soldier Aaron David Robinson, was shot dead as the authorities approached him. Her boyfriend Cecily Ann Aguilar would have helped him tear down Guillen’s body and bury it. He is in prison on conspiracy charges to tamper with evidence and plead guilty.
In a written statement announcing Pena’s arrest, police said he wrote that he was “upset and wanted to avenge the murder of Vanessa Guillen at the Fort Hood base. The defendant stated that he does not respect the US military and is close to becoming an active gunner at the base. “