The decision of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle to roll back senior royal duties led to some change in London’s Madame Tussauds.
Less than a day after the announcement of the couple, the famous Museum of Wax Works decided to remove the Duke and Duchess of Sussex “to reflect the progressive new role of the Duke and the Duchess in the Royal Institute.”
— Madame Tussauds London (@MadameTussauds) January 9, 2020
Steve Davies, General Manager at Madame Tussauds London, said that they react to every surprising news, alongside the rest of the world, that the duke and the duchess of Sussex are reigning as senior royals. The figures of Meghan and Harry will no longer appear in our Royal Family from today.”
This means that the figures Queen Elizabeth II, Prince Philip, Prince William, and Kate Middleton won’t be standing next anymore.
The wax figure of Harry was first launched to mark its 30th anniversary in 2014, while the value of Meghan was added to the collection in 2018, the Royal Wedding Year. The couple is clad in imitation masks after their launch.
Shift To Another Location
Madame Tussauds will move the pair to another location of New York City.
“Our experiences bring iconic events to life; to reflect the announcement, after their return to Madame Tussauds in New York, we will move popular figures to other attractions,” says Brittany Williams, a New York Museum spokesperson in an interview
They are hoping to spend more time in North America with the couple and will continue to look at what the next chapter includes.
The announcement of a break from the royal duties of Meghan Markle and Prince Harry has dominated newspapers in the UK since they shared their decision on Wednesday. There, Tabloids coined the name “Megxit” to describe their decision to depart from their roles as “senior” royal family members.
The pair launched a new website after the news had been announced to outline their next steps.
They said in a statement that they are trying to split our time between the UK and North America. This geographical balance will enable them to raise awareness of their son for his royal tradition, while also giving the family the scope to focus on the next chapter, including the launch of their new charitable organization.
Buckingham Palace issued a statement shortly afterward that “discussions are at an early stage with the Duke and Duchess of Sussex. We appreciate their wish to take another approach, but these are complex issues that require time to work on.”
The Queen, Prince Charles and Prince William joined to order their offices to work “quickly” to overcome the urge of Meghan and Harry to get out of the royal front. We have asked their teams to work on this issue on both sides of the Atlantic with the Duke and Duchess of Sussex.
A Royal source said that the Prince of Wales, The Queen and Duke of Cambridge have instructed their teams to coordinate with the governments and the Sussexes office, and that will take days rather than weeks, to find workable solutions
The monarch wants to conclude quickly.